Legendary filmmaker Ovidio G. Assonitis, whose Tentacles and Piranha II sought to cash in on the killer fish craze spawned by Jaws, first hit pay dirt in 1974 with Beyond the Door – a gloriously bonkers riff on The Exorcist featuring Emmy Award-winning actress Juliet Mills and distinguished British actor Richard Johnson.
Set against the backdrop of San Francisco, Beyond the Door stars Mills as Jessica Barrett, a young mother who starts to develop strange behaviors whilst pregnant with her third child. Before you can say “split pea soup”, Jessica is displaying signs of full-blown demonic possession – complete with projectile vomiting and fully-rotating head! Could it be that she’s carrying the child of the Antichrist himself?
Described as “disgusting”, “scary trash” and “maddeningly inappropriate” by film critic Robert Ebert and subject to a lawsuit by Warner Bros. (who claimed copyright infringement against a certain William Friedkin film), the devilish denizens at Arrow Video have summoned up this wickedly entertaining popcorn spiller in a brand new, extras-packed edition fit for Satan himself!
LIMITED EDITION 2-DISC BLU-RAY CONTENTS
• Limited to 3,000 units
• Brand new 2K restoration of the extended Uncut English Export Version
• Exclusive bonus disc containing the alternate US Theatrical Version and Italy Possessed, a brand-new feature-length documentary on Italian exorcism movies!
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Marc Schoenbach
• Reversible fold-out poster
• Perfect-bound collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by John Martin and Alessio di Rocco
DISC ONE – UNCUT ENGLISH EXPORT VERSION
• Brand new 2K restoration of the Uncut English Export Version, released as Devil Within Her (108 mins)
• High Definition Blu-rayTM (1080p) presentation
• Original uncompressed mono audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• The Devil and I – a newly-filmed interview with director/producer Ovidio G. Assonitis
• Barrett’s Hell – a newly-filmed interview with cinematographer Roberto D’Ettorre Piazzoli
• Beyond the Music – a newly-filmed interview with composer Franco Micalizzi
• The Devil’s Face – a newly-filmed interview with camera operator Maurizio Maggi
• Motel and Devils – a newly-conducted audio interview with actor Gabriele Lavia
• Alternate Italian Chi Sei? opening titles
• Alternate Behind the Door VHS opening titles
• Alternate Japanese Diabolica opening and ending sequence
• Trailers, TV and Radio Spots
• Image Gallery