Harold Shand (Bob Hoskins) is a businessman with great ambitions. Spotting the development potential of London’s derelict Docklands area years before the Thatcher government, he tries to broker a deal with his American counterpart (Eddie Constantine) that will make them both millions. But who is killing Harold’s other associates and blowing up his businesses – and why?
Universally regarded as one of the greatest British gangster films ever made, The Long Good Friday rocketed Bob Hoskins to international stardom. He’s given sterling support from Helen Mirren (as his upper-crust mistress), Paul Freeman (Raiders of the Lost Ark) and Derek Thompson (Casualty), and there’s even an early appearance from future James Bond Pierce Brosnan.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of the film, in a brand new restoration sourced from the original camera negatives and approved by cinematographer Phil Méheux
• Original uncompressed PCM mono 1.0 sound
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary by director John Mackenzie
• Bloody Business, a documentary about the making of The Long Good Friday, including interviews with John Mackenzie, stars Bob Hoskins, Helen Mirren, Pierce Brosnan, producer Barry Hanson and Phil Méheux
• Brand new interviews with Barry Hanson, Phil Méheux and writer Barrie Keeffe
• Hands Across the Ocean – A comparison of the differences between the UK and US soundtracks
• Original trailers
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin