RELEASED ON BLU-RAY & DVD 4th MAY 2015
AVAILABLE IN A STEELBOOK OR AS A LIMITED EDITION BOX SET INCLUDING ‘MONA LISA’ AND AN EXCLUSIVE BONUS DISC
RE-RELEASED in cinemas 19th JUNE
Arrow Video do it again, with yet another excellent release of an excellent film that I have seen many times. I recently watched The Long Good Friday around the time of the death of Bob Hoskins, but will still definately be picking up the 6 Disc set that you can read about here. With a great film comes even better special features for one of the best British films ever made.
Arrow Video is thrilled to announce the definitive release of The Long Good Friday, John Mackenzie’s iconic thriller which is often cited as the best British gangster film of all time. This newly restored version will be available on dual format Blu-ray & DVD as a Steelbook from 4th May 2015 and also as part of an exclusive limited-edition 3,000 run box set which will include 1986’sMona Lisa alongside a 100-page hard-back book and an exclusive bonus disc featuring the Blu-ray premiere of John Mackenzie’s notorious farm safety film Apaches.
This brand-new restoration, which was scanned from the original camera negative, with framing and colour grading supervised by the original cinematographer Phil Méheux, will feature a host of extras, combining the previously-released John Mackenzie commentary and making-of documentary Bloody Business with several brand new interviews.
Arriving on Blu-ray and DVD in a choice of two editions: either the Steelbook of The Long Good Friday on its own, or as part of a bigger box-set which includes Mona Lisa and an exclusive bonus disc featuring John Mackenzie’s notorious farm safety film Apaches (Blu-ray premiere) with an archive Q&A with him and Bob Hoskins and extended interviews.
The upcoming Arrow Video restoration of The Long Good Friday and Mona Lisa is a fitting tribute to Bob Hoskins, a year after his sadly premature death, being that it features two of his greatest performances.
6-DISC SPECIAL EDITION BOX SET CONTENTS:
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray and Standard Definition DVD presentation of both films, in brand new restorations sourced from the original camera negatives and approved by cinematographer Phil Meheux (The Long Good Friday), director Neil Jordan and cinematographer Roger Pratt (Mona Lisa)
- Original uncompressed PCM mono 1.0 sound
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY DISCS 1 & 2 – BLU-RAY & DVD
- Audio commentary by director John Mackenzie
- Bloody Business, a documentary about the making of The Long Good Friday, including interviews with John Mackenzie, stars Bob Hoskins, Helen Mirren, Pierce Brosnan, producer Barry Hanson and Phil Meheux
- Brand new interviews with Barry Hanson, Phil Méheux and writer Barrie Keeffe
- Hands Across the Ocean – A comparison of the differences between the UK and US soundtracks
- Original Trailer
THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY DISCS 3 & 4 – BLU-RAY & DVD [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
- Q&A with Bob Hoskins and John Mackenzie, moderated by Richard Jobson
- Apaches (1977), John Mackenzie’s notorious farm safety film, presented in High Definition (1080p) for the first time
- Introduction to Apaches by cinematographer Phil Meheux
- Extended interviews with Barry Hanson, Phil Méheux, Barrie Keeffe, assistant director Simon Hinkly and assistant art director Carlotta Barrow
MONA LISA DISCS 5 & 6 – BLU-RAY & DVD
- Audio commentary by Bob Hoskins and Neil Jordan
- Brand new interviews with director Neil Jordan, writer David Leland and producer Stephen Woolley
- Original Trailer
100-PAGE HARD BACK BOOK [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
- Featuring new writing on the film by critics Mark Duguid and Mike Sutton plus archive pieces by Robert Sellers and Patrick Russell, illustrated with original production stills